Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Henry
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 2.22.00 pm

Hi Guys,

This is probably a pretty easy one - for the right person… haha.

Pls see attached.

This cell started as CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Then a linked record called ‘2022 Camry’ was added, and I now have ‘2’ records in this field. How do I automatically unlink (remove) **CURRENTLY AVAILABLE", ie, updating to only leave the record called ‘2022 Camry’.

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

Hey @James_Henry,

For this, you’ll probably want to build an automation with an update record action.
I would probably structure it to trigger off of a condition.

In this case, when the list length for the linked record field is more than one.

Then have it execute a find record action that looks for the linked record that is not the record you want to remain. In your example, you’d find the 2022 Camry record.

After that, you’d build the update record action and have it update the linked record field to use the record that you found.

Doing so will override the entire field and use only the found record(s).

That’s how I would do it if I was using your exact structure and design.
While what I wrote above would work, I do not recommend it.

Instead, I think you should think about using something along the lines of either a checkbox or single-select field to reflect the availability status of a given record.

If you were to tweak your design a bit, an automation would simply need to clear the status field. This would make for a much cleaner base schema, and would also facilitate a much cleaner automation.

James_Henry

Thanks Ben!!

I went back and looked at my design a bit more and, you’re right, I figured out a way to do it that I thnk is cleaner…

Cheers!