744 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Muyrong
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I checked through the community posts but can’t seem to find the answer. Is there a way to use automations to insert multiple records into a linked record field?

Context: I am creating an automation where in an employee can update their leave application via airtable form. The automation works if the employee is only encoding one date. However, since the field allows a multiple linking of records they can select multiple dates as well. This is where the error comes in.

Is there any work around?

3 Replies 3

If you insert a comma-separated string of record IDs into the linked record field setup in an “Update record” action, Airtable will build links to the records matching those IDs. I just tested this with a literal string, but it should also work if that string is built via other means; e.g. a rollup field.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 8.01.56 PM

If that doesn’t provide sufficient details to lead you to a solution, could you share more details about the setup of your table(s), form, and the automation you’re using?

Hi Justin. Thanks for your response. This would work if the entries will be the same for all. I will update the record based on the content of a specific field. Attaching some screenshots for reference!

The ‘dates included’ field will be used to pull up information for the automation
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.03.28 PM|700x99

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.03.46 PM

Thanks for the update, but there’s still something I’m not understanding about your setup. Could you share a screenshot of the form that the employee fills out, and the table(s) involved in the setup? If you need to mask out parts for privacy, that’s fine. I just don’t understand the relationship between all of the pieces you’re describing.