cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth_White
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable community,

I am new to Airtable and have landed a major Interior Design project that I hope to use this resource to organize. There are a number of needs that I have that I believe are outside of my beginner level to set up properly. I’m hoping someone out there can help me. Another user @caroline_bolt posted about this very thing but I don’t see any advice from the community. Wondering if Caroline ever got it sorted?!

This project is a 5,000 sq. ft. home so I need to track a lot.

Rooms and what tasks need to be completed for each
*Design Implementation: What phase, dimensions, etc.

• Purchasing: Supplier, Supplier quotes, Retail price, designer discount, sell price, production timelines, estimated delivery dates, etc.
    *Existing pieces: If we are refinishing / reupholstering. Tasks to be applied
    *so much more.
    *Tasks to be completed

Any other interior design firms out there who are willing to share their base?? If not, anyone open to sharing a good starting point? I didn’t see any with the specific needs of the interior design community.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Hi Elizabeth,

I have worked for another client in the interior design space, although I’m not sure how translatable it is to your needs.

From what I can see, you’d like to use Airtable as a project management tool, which is a great use case for it :slightly_smiling_face: In general, I like to split my bases in “core data” (clients, suppliers, contractors, …) and working data (in your case maybe rooms or more generally a project table that references all core data tables.

Happy to speak more about it (also at rupert.hoffschmidt@gmail.com).

Best,
Rupert

Hazel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Elizabeth,

I am currently working on the same thing - have you found any resources for this?

AzadaliMali
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Congrats on scoring that major Interior Design project, that's epic! I feel you; organizing a 5,000 sq. ft. home is no joke. As for Airtable, it's a fantastic tool to keep things on track. That post got me curious too, but it seems like we're all still waiting for some community wisdom on this.While we're here, I get your struggle. I'm knee-deep in my own home reno, and choosing paint colors is a real brain-teaser! I found some cool options over at https://kraftsmann.com. They might help you too, in case you're still on the hunt for ideas.