599 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbryancoop
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a database of students in various "home rooms" each assigned a teacher.  I can easily create a view that shows the students in that homeroom that I can send to the teachers, however, there is one more record in another table that is linked to the teacher that shows their budget of what they can spend each month and how much they get for each class.  How can I send them a "dashboard" that has the records of their students, AND the one record for each teacher that has their budget?

Thanks,

Jeff

3 Replies 3

What if we used a List view? We'd create one view per teacher, filtered to display the appropriate teacher's name

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.00.53 PM.png

Link to base

The issue with that, is I need to be able to send this "view" to individual teachers such that they only see theirs and nobody else's.  Plus I need to link that other record from another table.  

re: The issue with that, is I need to be able to send this "view" to individual teachers such that they only see theirs and nobody else's.

Yeah, we'd create one view per teacher, filtered to display the appropriate teacher's name and send that link?  Apologies, I feel like I'm missing something

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.26.08 PM.png
---
re: Plus I need to link that other record from another table. 

Are you saying that, besides the "Teachers" and "Students" table, you have a "Budgets" table?  If so, you'd just link the appropriate budget record to the appropriate teacher record, then use a lookup for it, and then display that lookup in the list view