1016 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth_Aucti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am creating a calendar using dates from records. The records are all associated with different statuses depending on their life cycle.

When someone clicks on the record in the calendar, it expands to show ALL of the fields - many or which are not relevant depending on the records status.

Is there a way to hide fields in calendar view (the same way you can do in grid views)?

I understand you can hide and show fields per record, but this is impossible, I have too many records which switch between different statuses.

Please tell me there’s a solution that I am missing…?

Also how does the calendar view decide what fields to hide? The number of fields hidden does not correspondence to any other view I have created??

6 Replies 6

Hi @Elizabeth_Auctions

When you have opened a record via the calendar view, you can see a little arrow right from the field titles. Via the menu there, you can choose “hide field” and it won’t show anymore in the expanded view of any (other) records.

Thank you.

I have in excess of 50 records, adding at least 2-3 per day. This would require me to update each one?

If I did update the fields in each record, the hidden fields will always be hidden.

I have approximately 100 fields, 20 or so only relevant to each status.

If I hide fields in one record, when the status is changed fields become relevant but will stay hidden based on initial hiding or showing of fields?

No, normally you just have to do it 1 time and it will be the same for all records in the calendar view, even for newly added records.

A solution could be to make a calendar view per status, so you can diversify the shown fields depending on that.

Yes a different calendar view per status would work fine if I knew how airtable was deciding what fields it will auto hide.

If I am changing the fields per record, there’s no way for the system to know the fields vary based on the calendar view the records appear in.

I thought the calendar view would operate the same as other views where you can have an overarching decision of what fields to hide and show. But it seems the calendar view does not have this same ability

Appreciate your help

Elizabeth_Aucti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Okay. I worked it out and feel silly but I am posting just in case anyone has the same issue, I could not find the answer on the community anywhere. Screenshots attached.

On the calendar view you can - ‘Copy Another views Configuration’

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.08.01 PM

and then select the ‘view’ and select ‘field visibility’ - that way when a record is expanded in the calendar it will only show the fields which are shown in the in view which was ‘copied’.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.08.28 PM

So I will just create multiple calendars based on status and copy each grid view where I have the relevant status fields shown

Glad you found the solution you were looking for! Good share with the “copy configuration” tip. Hadn’t thought about it :thumbs_up: