514 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Meadows
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When using Calendar view, I really need to be able to look at “This week” on the first line, and the next 2 or 3 weeks.

This is easy on Google Calendar, I have a “3-week” custom view set up on it. As long as I’m set up on 3-week view, I can see “This Week” as the top line and the next 2 weeks.

Right now, I’m at the end of January, and I need to see “This week” on Airtable along with the next 2 weeks of February. All I can find is the 2-week view, which only shows me “this week” and “next week” and that’s not sufficient for the way we schedule our tasks.

It would be even better if I could do this with a total of 4 weeks (this week, and the next 3 weeks) but seeing a total of 3 weeks would suffice.

Any help?

Also, any possibility of a scrolling yearly calendar that would show 3-4 weeks at a time, but give me the ability to scroll one week at a time? This would be even better.

5 Replies 5

I would recommend sending this as a feature request to support@airtable.com.

Also, you can subscribe to your Airtable calendar using external calendar clients like BusyCal for Mac or Outlook or Google Calendar, although note that Google Calendar only refreshes once every 24-48 hours, so it’s recommended to use a more advanced calendar client like BusyCal which refreshes immediately.

I did exactly that just now, thanks Scott.

I’m not a Mac user so I’m not sure BusyCal will work for me. I’ve tried Outlook calendar before also and run into other roadblocks with it. Apparently I’m the sort that wants “all the options, including the ones I can’t have” sort of person when it comes to calendars. So far Airtable is LIGHT years beyond others.

samarabian

I wish there was a scrolling view in calendar also! This is a simple idea/ask but SOOO important to see a production schedules etc. 

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

We just launched a set of improvements to calendar view layout that may address your feedback!

3-4 weeks at a time: use the new "Custom" option in the timescale picker to pick a custom number of days or weeks.

Scrollable calendars: use the new "Date Height" dropdown to scroll through all records in the current range. This only scrolls within the given month or range.

samarabian

To confirm this feature.  I'm only see the max range to be 6 weeks, is that correct?  It sure would be nice if this could go up to a higher number of weeks so we could scroll further.  Possible bug, as the max days are six days due there are only 7 days in a week.  I would think weeks would go higher than 6 and sure - days stop of six.

Can use the timeline view to view schedules laterally for greater than six days, and but scrolling would be nice to go further than 6 weeks.

Thank you for following up though!  Much appreciated the insights.