Help

Re: Can minutes since update formula only watch one specific field?

1178 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabbi_Lindgren
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello -
I’m trying to set up an automation that runs whenever my editor inputs a note into a field. When I had the automation set to trigger when field is updated, I would get 7+ notifications as she typed her message. I adapted the trigger to be ‘when a record enters a view’ and the view only shows records with notes in the notes field, and a formula I added:

IF({MINS SINCE UPDATE} > 5, “Automate”, “Wait”)

To only show records that say ‘Automate’ to give her 5 min to type her message. However, this now sends a notification any time any record with notes is modified in any way.

My question is: Is there a way to have the minutes since update formula only watch my notes field?

4 Replies 4

Hi Gabbi, I assume you’re using the Last Modified Time field in some form for your formula?

If so, you should be set it to only watch the notes field which should solve your problem
Screenshot 2022-10-13 at 1.57.30 PM

If my assumption is wrong, could you provide a screenshot of your data as well as your formula so I could help troubleshoot?

Thanks Adam! I am not using the last modified time field - but that may solve my problem! Including screenshots of the formulas I was using. However, based on what you are saying I may be able to use the last modified time field to only watch my notes field for modifications, Then my automate/wait formula can be tied to the last modified time.

I am going to try that but if you have suggestions I am all ears!
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 10.52.55 AM
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 10.52.35 AM

Alright - the last modified field did not solve my problem, but it may have partially.

My new question is if there is a way to modify my “calculation” field formula to “automate” 5 minutes after the Last Modified time and date.

The formula I currently have is: IF({MINS SINCE UPDATE} > 5, “Automate”, “Wait”)

If I adjust the formula to IF({Last Modified} > 5, “Automate”, “Wait”)

I do not know how the formula will recognize the “5” as minutes - is there a way to do this or a better way to work this whole thing?

Hm, I’d use DATETIME_DIFF() with the last modified time against NOW() to see how long it’s been

I’ve put a base together here for you to check out as I think it might help?

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 1.20.55 PM