cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Gilbert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help. My company manages projects and when a project has a formal issue, we create a Governance Ticket related to it in another Base (to ensure the underlying information is not visible to other users).
This results in a series of Syncs between Bases.

Projects sync to the Governance Base from a Projects Management Base
Governance Tickets sync back to the Projects Management Base (showing a limited View of the issue’s details.

What I can’t get to work is the update using automations of the RAG status field which lives on Projects tab on the Projects Management Base.

The scenario is that a ticket is raised which moves a project to Red status, which is a field in the Governance Base. The sync occurs and shows that a ticket relating to a Project is in Red status and if the current Project is not in Red, the automation should change the linked Project record to Red status.

However, I can’t get this to work. It’s almost as if the Automation doesn’t recognise the Airtable record identified as a match to that scenario as a “real” linked record and therefore doesn’t/can’t update it.
The reason I think this is the automation tests highlight the correct Record ID identified but don’t show it as a hyperlinked record (see screenshot).

Sorry, not the easiest to explain but hoping to get any suggested solutions!

Thanks
Chris
2022-10-13_17-15-00

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

When dealing with synced tables there are multiple record IDs to deal with. Each synced table gives its records a new record ID.

• Record ID of the original [Project] record in Projects Management Base
  • Record ID of the synced [Project] record in the Governance Base

Could you be using the Record ID of the record in the Governance Base?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hi,
I think I understand you case, but some details needed. I suppose the automation on screenshot running in Projects Management Base. You have a source table there and another table (destination of a second sync), where records returned from Gov base with additional data. What is your trigger setup, I mean what table checked for conditions to trigger?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

When dealing with synced tables there are multiple record IDs to deal with. Each synced table gives its records a new record ID.

• Record ID of the original [Project] record in Projects Management Base
  • Record ID of the synced [Project] record in the Governance Base

Could you be using the Record ID of the record in the Governance Base?

Thanks for the reply. The trigger is looking at the sync’d Governance Tickets and if a ticket has a status of RED but the Project that is linked to it has a RAG Rating of Not Red, then update the linked Project record’s RAG Rating to RED.

This solved it for me! Thank you! I was referencing the wrong record ID so was going round in circles - I added a Find Records step and then picked up the right ID, then fed it into the Update step and it’s all working properly :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: