Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Cannot use UK format DD/MM/YYYY when filtering for Views.

Topic Labels: Views
1052 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RhysLord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm a new user considering upgrading to a paid sub however there is an issue which if not resolvable means Airtable would be completely useless to me.

I'm in the UK so using the DD/MM/YYYY format, no problem with this, all the data formats fine.

The problem comes when I try to filter view by dates, when I click on the first of October and the 31st of October as the start/end dates for my view, Airtable uses the MM/DD/YYYY format despite all my data being in DD/MM/YYYY format.

Due to this the only entry that comes up was from 10/08/23 (Tenth of August). None of my October sales are visible. If there is no workaround to this then Airtable is completely useless to me.

I'd be incredibly grateful if anybody could assist.

p.s I'm only using Airtable to keep a record of my inventory for my part time ebay reselling, I'm not a power user so will not understand complex formulas.

1 Reply 1
jwag
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Rhys,

You've entered your dates in the UK format but unless specified in the field settings, they may not have been acknowledged as such.

Apologies if you've already done this, but on your date fields:

Right click the field name -> Edit field -> Date format -> European

You may then need to re-enter your dates if they've already been acknowledged as US dates as they'll just get jumbled around.

Hope that works!

Cheers,

Josh