Help

Re: Collaborators becoming builders (Enterprise)

1893 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi everyone

I've been an Enterprise user/admin for a while and one thing I've noticed is that some users who are originally set at collaborator seat level sometimes get "bumped up" to builder level when they take certain actions that only builders are supposed to be able to do.  This is something I'd like to be able to control since we pay twice as much for builder licences as we do for collaborators, and there are certain security risks that come with not being able to restrict who has owner/creator access to certain bases or workspaces.  It seems like a really odd loophole to me, particularly as you don't receive any kind of notification when someone's seat level changes.  Does anyone have any advice on this?

2 Replies 2

For me, this usually happens when an existing builder shares a base with someone else and doesn’t pay attention to the permission level of the share. 

For my small organization, the best defense has been educating the existing builders. However that is not a great solution for larger organizations.

I think one could build a system with the web api that notifies you about events like this, but it would be a pain to build.

JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thanks for your response.  I don't know anything about building with APIs, but I wish I did!