331 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an embedded Airtable view in a website that acts as a directory with contact information. I'd like to keep track of how many times each person listed in the directory is sought after and add a counter to that person's record. 

I thought about doing this by hiding the email address field of each contact behind a button, and when the button is clicked, doing two things:

- Revealing the email address of the contact.

- Incrementing a counter field on that record to show that another person was interested in this contact.

I wrote a script to do this, but soon ran into the fact that you can't have a button running scripts in the embedded view and it is hence greyed out.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem, regardless of if buttons is the right solution?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Christopher_Sc2
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Devon,

I've done this by hiding the email in the gallery or shared view and then setting up the button to link to a short connection form that triggers an automation that sends an intro email to both parties. As long as you have a linked record field in the form table that links back to the contact you can tally how many requests the person receives. 

You can get fancy by setting up a formula field to pre-fill the form and hide options.  (https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form

Hope that helps!