503 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Trinid1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I have a base with ingredients, recipes, and meals. I’ve seen similar bases but none that ask this specific question.

Meals reference recipes, and recipes reference ingredients. The meals table has a lookup to list all ingredients for the given meal based on the listed recipes for that meal.

How do I get the number of times each ingredient has been used based on the meals table?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Try using a series of rollup fields. In the [Recipes] table, have a rollup with the COUNTA(values) aggregation formula that counts the number of meals. Then, in the [Ingredients] table, have a rollup with the SUM(values) aggregation formula that adds up the numbers from the [Recipes] table.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Try using a series of rollup fields. In the [Recipes] table, have a rollup with the COUNTA(values) aggregation formula that counts the number of meals. Then, in the [Ingredients] table, have a rollup with the SUM(values) aggregation formula that adds up the numbers from the [Recipes] table.

Yes - this is fantastic and works very well! Thank you!

I have trouble creating a recipe cost calculator.

I have tables:

(Ingedients) with properties {Description} , {Unit} , {Price}

(Doughs) with properties {Ingredients} , {Unit} , {Ammount} , {Cost Per Unit} , {Cost}

(Fillings) with properties {Ingredients} , {Unit} , {Ammount} , {Cost Per Unit} , {Cost}

(Expenses) with properties {Description} , {Unit} , {Price}

(Recipes) with properties (Doughs) , (Fillings) , (Ingedients) , (Expenses) , (Total Cost)

Can you help