Help

Re: Creating a gantt With start and end dates for phases in a record.

Solved
Jump to Solution
1386 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koen_Vandemarli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

I' new to Airtable. 

What I'm trying to do is to create a gantt chart with the start and end dates for the phases in a record to follow up the peoples workload which is different for each phase of a project. 

In one table I have the phases of a project in one record. 

Koen_Vandemarli_0-1672270461978.png

I want them in a chart like below.

Koen_Vandemarli_1-1672270948356.png

Koen_Vandemarli_2-1672271084080.png

I can create this with an automation via a "planning" table but I can't seem to update this table when a date changes in the original table. The link in the original table to the planning table contains the ID of each created record in the planning table (so 4). 

Can some one help me ?  

An alternative is to delete all data in het planning table on a certain time interval and rebuild the entire table but I cant find the way to delete all the records in a table. 

thanks, 

Koen 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, if the phases will always be the same, I would:

1. In the second table for the Gantt chart, create lookup fields to display all of the Start and End dates
2. In the second table, create a formula field that will, depending on a word found in the reference, display the data from a single field

Since they're lookup fields, changes to the dates in the original table will update fine in the Gantt table

I've created an example here for you to check out, and you can view the formulas by duplicating the base

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.04.38 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.04.42 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, if the phases will always be the same, I would:

1. In the second table for the Gantt chart, create lookup fields to display all of the Start and End dates
2. In the second table, create a formula field that will, depending on a word found in the reference, display the data from a single field

Since they're lookup fields, changes to the dates in the original table will update fine in the Gantt table

I've created an example here for you to check out, and you can view the formulas by duplicating the base

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.04.38 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.04.42 AM.png

Great thinking, many thanks for your help !