cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Kennedy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Airtable Community, 

I'm creating a form where I need a specific number of volunteers for each area of an event I'm planning, for example, I need 5 volunteers on Saturday from 9am-12pm; 5 volunteers on Saturday from 12pm-3pm, etc. 

What can I do in creating the form to where as the volunteers sign up for various slots, the available number of slots decreases from 5 available to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 to 0?

I don't want six volunteers to sign up, I don't want the sixth person to see it would be an option.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Best, 

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The way I would do this is:

1) Create a table for each shift slot (so 5 records for each shift)

2) Create a View that filters only for records without a link to a Volunteer

2) On the Volunteer table link to this table but select "Limit selection to a View" and choose

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The way I would do this is:

1) Create a table for each shift slot (so 5 records for each shift)

2) Create a View that filters only for records without a link to a Volunteer

2) On the Volunteer table link to this table but select "Limit selection to a View" and choose

Sherman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As much as I love Airtable for everything, take a look at signup.com if you haven't already. It's designed to do specifically this.

Also, because I enjoy figuring stuff out, I built a base in Airtable using Roll-up fields to count the number of people who have signed up and only display events that are less than capacity for additional sign-ups. It's a two-step process as I've put it together (I hate having people put their names in repeatedly for future forms, no data on what they've done), but you could just replace that entire section with a generic "what's your name" on the form.

Check it out!

Volunteer Base