876 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkenyon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are a marketing firm that manages social media calendars for many clients. We love the platform for building the calendars and sharing amongst our team BUT sharing the calendars to the clients for approval is an actual nightmare that I can't solve. 

1. We have too many clients to add them as paid collaborators and not be super cost prohibitive

2. Sharing the view-only link does not allow them to even add comments if they have edits or comments 

3. Sharing via email has been confusing for them and many of them can't seem to figure it out 

4. Downloading as a CSV requires too much time in reformatting to make sense 

How are you delivering your social media calendars to your clients? 

2 Replies 2
ripwit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I moved my calendar creation logic to a python app which is run periodically. I think it could be done through a zapier integration between your social media platform and Airtable.

This doesn't provide any interactivity between the clients and the actual schedules stored in Airtable but it sounds like that isn't a necessary goal for you.

Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I probably would create a user for each company and charge the cost to the client, but assuming you don't want to do that, one option that I can think of is adding a button the the records that opens a form where they can give comments or make suggested changes. It would be a new record but prefilled with the record id for the original record. It would then be easy to connect (with an automation) to the existing record. You could also have other fields prefilled with existing content and they could edit directly there. It's a bit clunky but it should work.

(I don't know why Airtable doesn't allow commenter permissions for free.)