cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristupas_Vitku
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

We are using Airtable to manage video editing tasks. We have a workspace for every video editor, and in every workspace there are multiple projects for the clients the editor has. In every project there is a column with Due Date for the video. Is it possible to create a project, that would show all submissions based on the Due Date? In this table I would like to see Tasks that are near the Due Date and tasks that are late. When video is confirmed and final files are uploaded, we remove the Due Date, so I would only see the videos that are still in progress.

All help will be appreciated,
Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Kristupas_Vitkus! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I’m not sure that I have a clear picture of your setup. You say that each editor has their own workspace—as in an Airtable workspace, which can contain multiple bases—and each workspace has multiple projects, which sounds like each project is in its own base. Is that correct? Or does each editor have their own base, and each base contains multiple records representing the editor’s projects? I just want to make sure we’re using the same terminology:

Workspaces contain bases
Bases contain tables
Tables contain records

If you’re able to share screenshots, that would help immensely to get a clear picture of how things are organized.

Hello, Thanks for your answer!

And thank you for correcting me. Yes, every editor has it’s own workspace and each base is different client with their tasks. For example, I am an editor and I have “Kristupas’s Workspace”. In that Workspace, I have “Client1” base, “Client2” base and so on. Is it possible to create a Workspace with a base, where I could see all of our Editors’s bases’s records based on their Due Date Column?

Thanks for the clarification. Making another workspace and base to act as a collection point for all editor project info is possible. However, actually collecting that info will require some outside help. It can’t be done with Airtable’s native features because bases can’t talk to each other.

You’ll need to use an integration service like Zapier or Integromat to pull the info you want from the editor bases, and then create/update records in your collection base. That info could be pulled on a predetermined schedule, or you could trigger the integration to run as the data changes. You could also write custom API code to do the same thing, but it would be a lot more work than using Zapier or Integromat.

Thank you for your answer!

We are planning to buy Zapier, but would there be anyone that could help us set it up?

I’m tied up with other work at the moment, but there are lots of other folks here who do Airtable consulting. I suggest starting a new post in the #developers:work-offered category, including a link to this thread so that you don’t have to retype much about what you need.