849 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all! First post - seems like a great community.

I have an Airtable view that I'd like to be semi-public: Users who have an account with us should be able to log in and view the view, but those who don't should not. Can I do this from a security perspective? As I understand it, if I embed the view anywhere it has to be inherently fully public and that anyone with the link to the view (that the embed code uses, for example) would be able to just open the view directly in Airtable.

Is there any way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> As I understand it, if I embed the view anywhere it has to be inherently fully public and that anyone with the link to the view (that the embed code uses, for example) would be able to just open the view directly in Airtable.

Yeap that's right.  If you're on a Pro account, you could restrict access to the embedded view with a password? Then it'd just look like this till the password was entered:

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 6.45.58 PM.png

Not great UX though since users would log in to your site and then would have to enter another password here.  You may want to look into Softr or something for stuff like this too

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Eugene_Kim
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don't know if this would work for a view, but are you able to add logged in users as read only collaborators to your base? This wouldn't create a new user you'd have to pay for while restricting access.

TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> As I understand it, if I embed the view anywhere it has to be inherently fully public and that anyone with the link to the view (that the embed code uses, for example) would be able to just open the view directly in Airtable.

Yeap that's right.  If you're on a Pro account, you could restrict access to the embedded view with a password? Then it'd just look like this till the password was entered:

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 6.45.58 PM.png

Not great UX though since users would log in to your site and then would have to enter another password here.  You may want to look into Softr or something for stuff like this too

Yes, this is what I came up with as well and I think is the best we can do. Thank you for your help!