cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hendrik_Van_Dor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

Say I have a base with 4 tables. A linked to B linked to C linked to D.
If I want to visualise data in table D from table A I need to hoop trough table B and C with lookup fields to get this done?

regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sadly and unfortunately, that is the only way to do it in Airtable. Other database languages don’t force you to jump through all the hoops like this, but Airtable forces you to painstakingly & tediously do it this way. It would be great if they fixed this to operate more like other database systems operate — where you can hop from A to D in just one hop. I would send this as a feature request to support@airtable.com, but I doubt that it will ever change.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sadly and unfortunately, that is the only way to do it in Airtable. Other database languages don’t force you to jump through all the hoops like this, but Airtable forces you to painstakingly & tediously do it this way. It would be great if they fixed this to operate more like other database systems operate — where you can hop from A to D in just one hop. I would send this as a feature request to support@airtable.com, but I doubt that it will ever change.