cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonnie_Blake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,
I have an airtable to track travel & accommodation requests for our company. I need to export information from a record into an editable template document to send travel information for approval, preferably in an excel template.
I have been working on creating a document using the ‘documint’ extension but I’d prefer the flexibility to add additional information once it has been exported from airtable.

Is there a way to export from airtable to an excel template? Or word, or another similar program?

5 Replies 5

Are you saying that you already have a pre-designed template in Excel that you want to fill in with your existing data?

If so, you would need to use a 3rd-party integration tool to do that, such as Make.com:

Otherwise, if you just want to export your data and open it up in a new Excel spreadsheet, you can simply download any Airtable view to a CSV file, and then open up the CSV file in Excel:

Bonnie_Blake

Hi @ScottWorld,

Yes correct I have a pre-designed template in excel I wish to fill out. Thanks I’ll look into using Make.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable/Make consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Inna_Shevchenko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Bonnie_Blake! You might want to look at Coupler.io, data integration tool that allows exporting data from Airtable on schedule to Google Sheets, Excel or BigQuery. Therefore, your template will be auto-updated. The pricing is also very affordable.

bibiczh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Super easy with Excel-Exporter. There is a freemium version and a premium version with a 7 day free trial.