1281 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Carico
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to export a revision history? And if so, can a specific date range be specified?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi David, and welcome to the community.

Hypothetically, there is now a way to do this and more. I haven’t actually done it, but it goes something like this:

• For any table you want to track revisions on, create a condition that causes modified records to appear in a “revisions” view.
  • Create a script action that is performed on any records in that view; the script action simply creates a revision log (internally as another table or externally in another system). It should contain the record ID, dates/times, with other meta data as desired.
  • Create a reporting process (API or otherwise) to export the log data.

Optionally, such a process could send the entire changed record to another system, thus negating the need to export at all.

Hypothetical, non-trivial effort, possibly achievable with Zapier and Integromat, but likely to work.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

This is not possible. You might want to add it as a feature suggestion in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi David, and welcome to the community.

Hypothetically, there is now a way to do this and more. I haven’t actually done it, but it goes something like this:

• For any table you want to track revisions on, create a condition that causes modified records to appear in a “revisions” view.
  • Create a script action that is performed on any records in that view; the script action simply creates a revision log (internally as another table or externally in another system). It should contain the record ID, dates/times, with other meta data as desired.
  • Create a reporting process (API or otherwise) to export the log data.

Optionally, such a process could send the entire changed record to another system, thus negating the need to export at all.

Hypothetical, non-trivial effort, possibly achievable with Zapier and Integromat, but likely to work.

David_Carico

I settled on creating a new (hidden) field that automatically inserts the date/time any information I want to track is changed - e.g., “Mobile Phone changed”, “Home Phone changed”, etc. So I can filter and sort that field for changes in a specific time range. Not real sexy, I know, but since I have no idea how to write scripts it seemed a reasonable approach!

Hi @David_Carico,

One thing to note is that if you don’t know how to write JavaScripts, Integromat is an excellent code-free platform for automating the types of things that @Bill.French outlined above.

Lots of people in this forum, including myself, love Integromat! I use it almost every day! :slightly_smiling_face: