646 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alastair_Budge1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am using Airtable with Integromat, but am having issues filtering in Airtable using the TODAY() function.

I have a field in Airtable with a date (no time).

I have an automation in Integromat which runs every 15 minutes, searches my Airtable base using the filer IS_SAME({publication_date},TODAY())

I want my topic to publish at 12am every day GMT + 2 (CEST), but I can’t see a way of achieving this through Airtable, other than setting a specific publishing time, not just a date.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this?

I know I could probably create a formula in the filter that transformed GMT to GMT + 2, and filtered in this way, but it seems overkill…

any help much appreciated.

3 Replies 3
bitgiggy
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I had asked something similar earlier in the week as I was also having trouble executing automation based on the TODAY() function.

As I understand it, the TODAY() and NOW() functions do not update in real-time, so using these functions to post something at a set time is unreliable.

Given you’re using integromat, can’t you set up an automation there to give you more control over the publishing time?

Here’s a link to my question, in case you find it useful. There were some helpful replies there.

You could use DATETIME_DIFF instead of IS_SAME. Date fields without a time are stored as if the time is midnight. You may need to make two comparisons to ensure that the difference is both greater than zero and less than two.

Just curious, why is the Integromat asking for records every 15 minutes if you only want to publish once per day?

yes, this is exactly what I ended up doing. Think I was overly complicating things by trying to do it in Airtable, and ended up going down a real time zone rabbit hole…