735 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachelle_Richar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Use case: RSVP form linked to individual attendees’ Airtable records created in a separate table. Each record pertains to a unique person. I’d like the RSVP form to automatically link to the original record.

I’m working with two tables, ‘Anchor Table’ which contains hundreds of records related to individuals not involved in this use case and dozens of fields including private information, and ‘RSVP Table’ which is for the purpose of organizing an event where specific attendees’ are involved.

I’ve created a filtered view for pertinent attendees’ and hidden all unrelated fields in Anchor Table and linked these records in RSVP table.

When I create a form in RSVP table using the Linked Record field as a drop down, the preview in the selection shows thumbnails of attachment fields in the record that are hidden from the Anchor Table view.

How can I change the fields in the form selection field to hide this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Rachelle, if it helps, the actual form only displays data from the primary field, so I think you might not have to worry about this:

Table 1:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.21 PM

In form builder:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.30 PM

Actual form:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.39 PM

Link to form
Link to base

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Rachelle, if it helps, the actual form only displays data from the primary field, so I think you might not have to worry about this:

Table 1:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.21 PM

In form builder:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.30 PM

Actual form:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 1.23.39 PM

Link to form
Link to base

What if I want to see both fields but only allow the selection of the primary field. E.g City and State. In the form builder, the pop-up shows both but in the form view (shared) only the City is shown and that means the context is lost so the user doesn't know among cities with the same name "Las Vegas" (NV) and "Las Vegas" (NM) which one to pick since Las Vegas shows up twice. How do I fix this? What's the workaround?