Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Format and insert data to duration format field

Topic Labels: Extensions
Solved
Jump to Solution
356 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I’m new at scripting and have, I think, a basic question if someone can please help me.

I want automate the creation of pre-filled fields with the script app. I’ve been able to run that successfully for basic ‘text strings’. But now I’m trying to add data to a field that is formatted with ‘duration format’ and I haven’t been able to make it work.

The code I wrote was:

//Ask for session duration
var SessionDuration = await input.textAsync (‘Type the duration of this sessions’);

//Create field and fill with duration
let CrearRegistro = await ActivityTable.createRecordsAsync([
{
fields:{
“DurationField”: Number(SessionDuration),
},
}
]);

And when I input data such as 30 or 60… the field always shows 0:01.

I’ll appreciate any help… thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Duration fields store their data in terms of seconds, but by default display the output as hh:mm. If you want your input value to be interpreted as minutes, multiply the input value by 60, then save that to the duration field.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Duration fields store their data in terms of seconds, but by default display the output as hh:mm. If you want your input value to be interpreted as minutes, multiply the input value by 60, then save that to the duration field.

Thanks a lot Justin… I guess its a beginners question… but I’m getting better :slightly_smiling_face: