3833 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy_Stout
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello there!  New to AirTable.  On a small website  I have a small Contact Form that is populating data into my table inside of AirTable.  It's all working just fine in a local site (not live yet, but it works)  I only have a few fields, which are getting returned to am email notification automation, but the fields are all showing up in the email notification all squished together and look like this:    Pennyinfo@info.comI'm stuckmonday

My fields are:  Name, Email, Message, and BestDay   So, you can see that the info IS getting to me which is great but how can I get the fields to at least show on a different line in the email I receive?  It's too hard for me to read ;-)!

I understand how to use markdown for the rest of the body of the email, but not understanding how to format the actual 'data' that is coming in to me via a contact form on my site after it lands in AirTable??   I tried putting the fields inside of curly braces but that did not work either...

** Any help is appreciated ahead of time!!  Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You have to add them as you did before, clicking on +

55.PNG

one field, after <br> and after click again on + and select the other field etc

See Solution in Thread

18 Replies 18
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, why don't you create a form on airtable and share the link of the form on your website? 

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

example of form submission.PNG

you can have an email like this for each person that submits the form.

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

If you want to create the form by airtable, you can do it in this way:

30.PNG

31.PNG

This is an example of database that I created to answer to another question. You can add all the questions that you want, and automatically they will populate the columns. 

32.PNG

To receive notification, you have to select this and you will receive an email as I showed you before.

33.PNG

Clicking here, you can see how other people will see the form and in the "share form," you can take the link to share it in your website.

I don't know if it helped you, if you have any question, let me know it 😊

Hello there!  New to AirTable.  On a small website, I have a small Contact Form that is populating data into my table inside of AirTable.  It's all working just fine in a local site (not live yet, but it works)  I only have a few fields, which are ge...

In your email automation, is each of the data tokens on a new line?

Could you share a screenshot of how your email automation's setup?

sure! I'm sorry for the delay.

50.PNG

This is the new form that I filled.

51.PNG

That's the email that I received.

52.PNG

And in the table "work" now there is also the Work that I created. 😊

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I just wrong one thing, you don't have to type the works in the table, but just make the form fill the table for you 😊

Let me know if you have any other questions  

Amy_Stout

I'm sorry for the delay, was away from my computer.  So I have everything already working; and I like the actual form being on the site and don't want to share the link, although I appreciate the idea.  I'm getting the notification, and I'm getting the data from the table into my email; it's just that the data is all squished together on one line 🙂 

Amy_Stout

@Sara So the above screenshot is eactly what I'm trying to achieve and I want to make sure all on this (awesome) thread understand that: 

• on my site the form works
  • when I submit a form it populates my table inside AirTable perfectly
  • The notification goes out perfectly
  • The notification contains the data pulled in with the form
  • BUT haha here's the issue:  data inside the notification is all squished together on one line not separated nicely like your's above.  Mine looks like this:  Pennyinfo@info.comI'm stuckmonday  | where as the fields in the table are:  name, email, short message, bestday  

** Thank you for helping!
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Do you receive the airtable notification because you are using external resources (like the website that manage the form) or because you set up an automation to send email? 

No problem 😊

Sorry for my delay... was gone for a few days!

Yes, All of my data is on one line 🙂

Email Automation Setup:

https://prnt.sc/HZhcDoCfCFiR

*might have to right click and choose 'open in a new tab for that link above'

Thank you!!!

Amy

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Have you tried to add <br> <br> after each field? 

like:  Name   <br> <br>  email 

Amy_Stout

I think that was the first thing I tried 😉  Will try now and post back!  

Thank you!!

haha it's almost comical, well no I'm still doing something wrong: you can still see the data above all squished together; followed by normal html... 

Screenshot:   https://prnt.sc/_YxwVmKPFNxv

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You have to add them as you did before, clicking on +

55.PNG

one field, after <br> and after click again on + and select the other field etc

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It seems that you just Type the column name. 

Amy_Stout

Ongosh LOL that worked!!  Thank you!!  Wonder if the instructions for that could be updates slightly; I never would have been able to figure that out without this thread!  (that's why the Community is so great tho ❤ )

Thank you so much!  I will mark as solved!

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Aahah no problem! I'm happy that we were able to solve your problem 😊 

Have a great day 😊