570 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Guy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We host events that volunteers help to run. We have forms to let volunteers 1) create events and 2) choose events to help with on specific, future date-times (i.e. the only event times are Weds and Thurs 7-8pm).

Form 1) needs an event date picker with pre-selected datetimes (i.e. Weds and Thurs 7-8pm for the next three months).

Form 2) needs to only show events created with 1) that are in the future i.e. we don’t show past events.

So we currently have one table (A) with a column of dates (manually created, though automatically would be great - different problem). Then a linked record field in the main events table (B) allows people to select one of the dates from that column.

The problem is that, in Form), I’m not sure how to filter events with a future date because the linked record field that links dates from the dates table doesn’t treat linked items as dates.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 15.07.47

One way round it would be to just have a Date column in events table (B), but that can’t be a multiple choice column so we wouldn’t be able to pre-select dates for users to choose from.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Matt_Guy

Bring the dates from table B (Events) to table A using a Rollup field (since its one date for each event and table A is connected to only 1 event, correct? You can then use Min or Max in the Rollup to get the date)

You can then use this field to filter

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Matt_Guy

Bring the dates from table B (Events) to table A using a Rollup field (since its one date for each event and table A is connected to only 1 event, correct? You can then use Min or Max in the Rollup to get the date)

You can then use this field to filter

Matt_Guy

Brilliant. and so fast too! Thank you Mohamed. :slightly_smiling_face: