cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ludom_Initiativ
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I need to generate the documentation of an Airtable database and I was able to use the script below, but it would be much more useful and efficient if the output were in an Airtable table (which I could easily update daily or weekly thanks to an automation).
Obviously I could go ahead & code all this, but I’m quite slow with JS (rather a SQL/Python kind of guy) and was wondering if someone had already gone through the trouble…

for (const table of base.tables) {
    output.text(table.name);
    output.text(table.id);
    output.table(table.fields);
    output.table(table.views);
}

In a perfect world, I would also love to find a way to programmatically update table and field descriptions: I am migrating data from other tools to Airtable to create beautiful workflows and I’d like to reuse existing docs to update all object’s desc at once instead of manually updating descs. table by table, field by field.
Does anyone know anything / have an idea how I could do that (without spending more time than with a manual update :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: ).

Best,
Ludo

2 Replies 2

There is an app by @kuovonne that outputs your base’s field structure to a table

This however won’t let you update the configuration of your field descriptions. Updating field descriptions can be done programmatically, but I do not know of any examples someone has published for free other than the documentation.

Shana_Mendez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Saving Lists of Data
const usersRef = ref.child(‘users’);
usersRef.update({
‘alanisawesome’: {
‘nickname’: ‘Alan The Machine’
},
‘gracehop’: {
‘nickname’: ‘Amazing Grace’
}
});
// NOT RECOMMENDED - use push() instead!
{
“posts”: {
“0”: {
“author”: “gracehop”,
“title”: “Announcing COBOL, a New Programming Language”
},
“1”: {
“author”: “alanisawesome”,
“title”: “The Turing Machine”
}
}
}
I was facing a database issue on my https://perfectessaywriting.com/ website, so I added this according to my code. You can change its syntax according to the required file( i.e. HTML, Laravel, etc) so you will get your database problem solved