831 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaron_Avramov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m struggling a bit with linked records and getting the required data for them.
Let’s assume that I have a contacts table that list different contacts by a contact ID.

I have another table that I record every communication I do with a contact. The fields are: contact ID (same ID as in the contacts table), date, type, remarks, etc…

Now, since there are various communications with each contact, there are many rows (or records) with the same contact ID, one for each communication.

I want to add a field in the contacts table that would show the latest communication date for that contact. I couldn’t find any way to do that. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yaron_Avramov

Quick update: I’ve solved the problem. The main issue was that I had the same primary field for both tables, and it wasn’t really the right primary field for the communications table.

Once I had the right primary field, it was quite easy using a linked record and a rollup field.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Yaron_Avramov

Quick update: I’ve solved the problem. The main issue was that I had the same primary field for both tables, and it wasn’t really the right primary field for the communications table.

Once I had the right primary field, it was quite easy using a linked record and a rollup field.