Help

Grid View on Mobile - Show more characters?

1400 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Strikis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, I’m seeing a lot of potential for Airtable in my line of work, but there’s one thing that is bugging me…

My client will be using Airtable on a mobile device. I have a very basic table that she will be viewing, with a couple of long text fields. When viewed on mobile (grid view) it seems to only present the first 6-12 characters of each long text field and then ‘…’

Is there any way of configuring Airtable to show more characters on grid view?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew.

2 Replies 2
nahgeeah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Having similar issues! Would love to know if there’s been a solution to this.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi nahgeeah

I too use the mobile version, on an iPad.

The best way to view all the characters is to first, use the Long Text option, so this way you have more space, if that is how you what to set up your base. I believe that the best way to view all the characters is by selecting an individual record. It should show all the characters in the Long Text field/s.

The other thing you might want to try is use the web based app of Airtable (available for Mac and Windows) and widen the columns, (you get more options with the web based version) so that you can see all the characters. I have not tried this myself, so I don’t know if the widened columns will “hold” in a grid view on a mobile device. You may have to experiment with this.

You can also go to Airtable.com, the online manual and do a search and see what comes up.

Now, there might be others on the forum that have suggestions that I have not thought of trying.

Hope this might help.

MK