Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeke_Fraint
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I’m trying to write a formula for the following:
I’d like a Field that shows me if a date (which I have, based on a formula in an adjacent field) is in 2019, then this field should be “yes”. I’m struggling to get that to work. Would love any help out there.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

This should be what you need:

IF(YEAR(Date)=2019,“Yes”,“No”)

Zeke_Fraint

Thank you, Julian, but that did not work.

Two things, I think.

1. The Yes or No should be an answer to if another Field has a 2019 date
  2. The Contract End Date Field that #1 above is referencing is a formula DATEADD({Contract Start Date},1,‘y’), so is it even possible for the formula in the Yes/No field to pull only the year?

Additionally, a simpler way to do this may be just a Field column with Renewal Year (which I’d then group or link to another table). Is there a formula that will pull just the year from Contract End Date (a formula field) and have that as the fill for the record in that field?

Thank you

Hi @Zeke_Fraint - I think @Julian_Kirkness’s answer works, might just be the way you’re translating his answer to your base. It looks like you’ve got this:

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 21.24.30.png

As per Julian’s answer the 2019? field formula is:

IF(YEAR({Contract End Date})=2019,'Yes','No')

Presumably, you want to know when the contract end date is in “this year” rather than just 2019? If so, you could extend the formula thus:

IF(YEAR({Contract End Date})=YEAR(TODAY()),'Yes','No')

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 21.26.25.png

The “This Year?” column will work in 2020, 2021 and so on without any changes.

JB

Zeke_Fraint

Wow, @JonathanBowen thank you. Both of those are exactly correct. Thank you so much to you and @Julian_Kirkness. Much appreciated!

Zeke_Fraint

Can I link to another table (like a pivot) from this 2019 Renewal field? @Julian_Kirkness @JonathanBowen