3334 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auroraafable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is this possible? I have too many tables!

24 Replies 24
Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yes, Airtable friends. This could be an excellent workaround (at least for me) to live in peace until you implement more sophisticated permissions. Like X table visible to Editors and XY visible to Creators

actually, I just figured out that they had this feature! I feel so dumb not searching for it. lol There’s a filter button below every tab.

Where do you see a filter button that will not display a table @auroraafable ? I only have filters that filter records.

Well, you can do the opposite. You can hide tables by only checking the tables you want to appear.

Also, make use of their View feature. That way, you won’t have to keep doing this everytime.

I think you’re talking about records, not tables :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Agreed, I think “tables” got confused with “records,” there. In my case, I really WOULD love to be able to hide tables. I have at least 55 tables in one base, and I will probably have at least 20-50 more tables!

Storme_Whitby-G
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Was this resolved?

Is it possible to hide tables?

And more importantly, is it possible to hide certain tables from some people the base is shared with?

I really want to link some records in the same base, currently existing on two bases, as I don’t want everyone seeing the contents.

Is there a work around so I don’t have two bases with similar information, that allows me to keep some of it private from those i’ve shared the base with? This would save me a lot of double entry!

Thanks.

Mark_Hernandez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Airtable_Support

Is there a way to hide tables?

Add my name to the list. I would like to hide tables like we already do with records.

a_small
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I vote yes to being able to hiding or at least minimizing tables!

Arthur_Godiva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love the ability to hide tables just like we can already hide fields.
A temporary workaround is sharing a single table view with myself but its not a good workaround.

Golden_Spiral_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed, the inability to hide tables makes it really difficult to share bases with Clients without confusing them. Many of my tables are just to provide linked records w/popout info in other views to reduce the number of columns in those views.

Conan_Phelan

Me too. I have many tables that only provide “back end” functions

David_Shaw
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HIDE TABLES TABS - YES

The tabs are now so wide, I can’t shuttle them to the “end” of the page. I have to reduce the page size, but then I can’t read it!

David_Shaw
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

While were at it - even Sub Folders to group the tabs would be beneficial.
Ex. - Financial tables in the finance folder!

Doug_Bennett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How has this not been addressed yet? It's been an open issue for 7 years with a good deal of interest.

mccarthygermain
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please for the love of god please address this. It's such a basic thing that excel and sheets has. 

learningtoexcel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be so helpful to have! Lots of backend tables that don't need to be visible on the main screen.

davidk

Throwing in my support for this feature as well.