Help

Re: How do I add CoinGecko price API to HTML code using json?

719 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Field
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys,

I’m trying to get the CoinGecko API to sync but I can’t seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me?

I want it to display the price and marketcap of the cryptocurrency.

API:https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/simple/price?ids=londex-2&vs_currencies=usd

5 Replies 5

I would check out the DataFetcher app to help you with that.

Thanks Scott,

I’m not too familiar with it, I thought this website was just for asking questions.

As you can see HTML and CSS have given it the look I want, just really struggling with the API.

I have very little coding experience and it has already taken me 6 hours to get to this stage haha!

Ha, yeah, that’s way too long. It should take you about 10 minutes with DataFetcher, and you don’t need to know any code.

There are people who have spent their careers learning how to integrate systems reliably. Take Scott’s advice and embrace software designed to help you.

Welcome to the Airtable community! These forums are for all sorts of conversations. Questions relating to Airtable are most welcome. But sometimes the answers are not the ones expected or hoped for.

Since Airtable does not have a way to display custom HTML or CSS directly, I’m guessing that you are trying to display the data outside of Airtable. How does Airtable fit into your system?

Figuring out how to work directly with an API is usually very difficult for people new to code. Everything has to be setup exactly right, and there may be many new concepts to understand. Using a service to access an API can greatly simplify the process.

If you want to learn how to access an API directly without a service, first you have to learn a programming language such as JavaScript, then you can layer on learning the API (each API is different).