Help

Re: How do you remove an option from a select list?

3048 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Craig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello… I am using a couple of single and multiple select lists but have made a few typos and decided to change some other. So I added the new options to the select list but I can’t seem to remove the old options that I no longer need? Either this isn’t supported or i just can’t see how to do it!

Any help would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Replies 5

It would be better for you to just edit the misspelled options instead of making new ones. That way, all records with those options selected will be updated. I do this all the time haha. To do that you should be able to just click the option in the Customize Field Type dropdown and retype how its spelled

But to answer your question, you would click on the field’s Customize Field Type dropdown, and then next to the option on the right there’s an X. Click the X to delete existing select options.
Capture.PNG

Thank you Kamille… i didn’t think to go back to the Customize Field Type dropdown! Seems obvious now :thumbs_up:

Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

Pam_Cowart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How do you do this in “multiple select”?

The changing an option is nice, but I want to completely Remove several options. I don’t like all the options I saved while learning about airtable. Remove, not edit, pls. It looks messy and cumbersome and that’s not how I roll. Cheers.

The instructions for removing options is in the same comment you replied to.