Help

Re: How many people are using my spreadsheet?

953 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Carraway
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have given the password to 78 people. I suspect hundreds are using it. Is there any way to tell?

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the Airtable community!

If you’ve given people the url to a public share, there is no way to know how many people are viewing your data or have made copies of your data (if you allow copying of data).

If you’ve give a share that adds people as collaborators to your base, you can look at the base sharing screen to see who is currently a collaborator on the base. You cannot tell how many people were previously collaborators who may have copied your data.

If you’ve given them your username and account password, there is no way to know who is using your account, and you should immediately change your account password.

Thanks kuovonne. It is a password protected sheet. No one has my account password. I assume this falls in the first category you mentioned of public share?

You say “there is no way to know how many people are viewing your data”, but as we all know there is a log of accesses, the time and date, the IP. My point is that there is a way to know, but it is internal data. Perhaps what I am looking for is “unique IPs accessing sheet”. I don’t need to see the IPs’.

Any sort of statistics or metrics would be helpful.

Does Airtable provide anything like this? I would be willing to pay.

Thanks for your time. - Nick

We know that it is possible to have a log a accesses. How are you so sure that such a log is actually being kept?

I have not heard of Airtable making this data available. You are welcome to ask Support for the info.

Thank you for being so helpful. You say “You are welcome to ask Support.” But when I tried to contact support it did not direct me to a contact form. Does the airtable team ever answer questions here?

The “contact support” link in the Airtable interface has changed over the years. I think the current incarnation is a little like a chat bot that eventually leads to a form that gets sent to support. If you don’t want to go through that, you can email support@airtable.com.

Very rarely. I would not expect support to answer such a question here. This is a community forum and the vast majority of people reading/postiing here are not Airtable employees.