Help

Re: How to change your “Airtable Community” Username, not your Airtable Username?

740 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidPonder
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can someone tell me how I change my “Airtable Community” Username, not your Airtable Username?

Everything i find even when it says community it leads me back to the Airtable side and away from the community forum matter. 
i have sent a msg to the Helpdesk after some trouble as the system seem intent to keep funnelling me back to (annoyingly wrong) pre-structured answers. 
I would be grateful for any solution that help resolve this thanks. 
I also hope that any Airtable CS looking at this take note that your help system needs ‘tweaking’ as Airtable accounts and Airtable Community account have different usernames and your own system current does not distinguish properly between them. It would be great if you (Airtable CS) fixed this for future reference quickly. 
Thanks I’m advance for any solutions. 
The only step I have left is to raise another ticket to the Helpdesk. 

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

You'll need to have reached the rank of Contributor, if not you can't change your username (Details from this post)

If you do have the rank of Contributor, after you click on your avatar at the top right, click "My Settings":

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 6.22.25 PM.png

You should see a "Username" section that should allow you to change your username:

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 6.22.19 PM.png

If you don't see this, I recommend messaging one of the forum moderators to ask for help with this issue

DavidPonder

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo 

Many thanks for the reply and after checking I definitely think there must be a glitch as my level (5-Automation Enthusiast) is above that of a 3-Contributor...

DMP23_0-1678038055242.png

List souce from Jordan's post:  https://community.airtable.com/t5/getting-started/airtable-community-user-ranks/ta-p/141913

Plus when I look into my settings per your screenshot the Username tab is missing.

This is MY My settings area

DMP23_1-1678038312785.png

Compared to YOUR My Settings area.

DMP23_3-1678038475407.png

As you suggest, I will have to try and contact one of the Forum Moderators but how to do that?

I saw that you've already replied in that other thread about the bug fixes and that thread was created by an admin so you should be good to go I think