Help

Re: How to Copy/Paste Image Attachments from One Field to Another Field?

1552 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello AirTable community! I’m building a few things in AirTable, and stumped on something that I’d love your thoughts on. How to copy/paste a column with image attachments into another column that’s set-up for attachments? It lets me do 1 image at a time, but that is not feasible to copy my 2,800 image attachments. Note that I can’t copy the whole field because I already have images in 300 other records that I need to keep as well. Preferably a repeatable process, but if no solution exists, I can manually copy/paste the 300 vs the 2,800, but prefer a real solution since I come across this issue ongoing. Thanks SO much in advance.

3 Replies 3
Chen_Pro
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

You can select a bunch of images together and then select the right place in the row and paste,
Or you can duplicate the whole column and then delete what you don’t need.

Copy

Thanks so much. That looks wonderful and easy. Although when I copy (ctrl+c on PC) a small test few 3 image attachments, it shows on bottom left that 3 cells copied, which is good. Then I paste (ctrl+v on PC) into a new column/field, and while it does show on bottom left that it is pasting, they do not show up as pasted - the new cells remain empty. This has been occurring for a while before I wrote this post and same result when I tested it following your kind post reply.

One interesting thing I did notice is that your screen says ‘2 cells copied’ which mine says the same, but then your screen says ‘paste complete’ and mine says ‘pasting’ but never says ‘paste compete’ when I paste.

Additionally,

• I am looking to copy/paste from a look-up field of cells that displays my images into paste in a regular attachment field. But I did test it somewhere else in my base to copy from a regular image attachment field to another regular image attachment field (neither with a look-up), and I have the same result as described where it does not paste and shows ‘pasting’ but not ‘paste complete’.
  • I can’t copy the field/column and delete what I don’t need because there are already 300 images in the field I’m copying/pasting into that I need to keep.
  • I do want the actual physical images to get into the new field column, not a formula or image link.

I welcome solution ideas. Thanks so much for taking the time to you and to any other community members that may be kind enough to help me solve.

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ok, SOLVED… Image attachment copy/paste does NOT work in Firefox, as the issue above occurs. But it DOES work in Chrome browser. Sharing the solution here for the benefit of others in our AirTable community.

@Chen_Pro, Seeing your screen show ‘paste complete’ compared to my Firefox screen saying ‘pasting’ with no result was the key to reminding me that I looked this up previously and now have a solution. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and making the screen view.

Dear AirTable, we love you so much… please ensure all Browsers get equal love and operate properly and consistently (or make mass announcements regularly of issues like this so we know).