Help

How to create clickable links by "link to other records" and website embedded?

Topic Labels: Views
Solved
Jump to Solution
2258 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KonstantinKhari
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi

In firs table we store links from user form

In the second table we have cards and array by “link to other records” from first table

Problem is the second table is embedded on the website Countries analytic
Links inside cards are not clickable. For ex. click on the card “Russia” . How to fix it?

#embed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @KonstantinKharitonov!

It’s a very strange limitation or bug in Airtable, but you can’t make the links clickable in an embedded view if the URLs are the primary field in the linked table.

The workaround for this is to create the links in a different URL field in the linked table (not the primary field), and then back in your main table, you will need to create a lookup field to lookup this new URL field.

This lookup field will work the way you want it to work. It will have clickable links in it.

I would also recommend emailing support@airtable.com to ask them to improve this feature in the way that you were expecting it to work.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @KonstantinKharitonov!

It’s a very strange limitation or bug in Airtable, but you can’t make the links clickable in an embedded view if the URLs are the primary field in the linked table.

The workaround for this is to create the links in a different URL field in the linked table (not the primary field), and then back in your main table, you will need to create a lookup field to lookup this new URL field.

This lookup field will work the way you want it to work. It will have clickable links in it.

I would also recommend emailing support@airtable.com to ask them to improve this feature in the way that you were expecting it to work.

@ScottWorld big thanks!
Work for me Countries analytic

P.S:I send improvement to airtable support

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried to write to the mail but unfortunately did not receive any response.