Cara_Haynes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Here’s a short Loom video that explains my question with examples:

14 Replies 14

Hi Cara, thanks for the loom!

Here’s what I would do if I were you:

1. Create a link between both tables
  2. In the Update Record action, change the table to Search and in the Record ID section use the record ID of the record that triggered the automation
  3. In the Fields section, choose the linked field between the two tables, and for its value, insert the list of record IDs found from the Find Records action

If you could invite me to a copy of your base that has dummy data in it I could set it up for you if you’d like

That might be the best option. I followed your steps, but it was creating new records in the Content tab rather than linking to the existing ones that were found in the first step. I’ve made a dummy copy of the base and removed all the proprietary data. Here’s a link to it: https://airtable.com/shreBOMqSwQs8fDYY

Let me know if you need me to share it with your email. Thank you so much for all your help on this!

Actually, no, I think you’ll need this link: Sign up - Airtable

Yeap got it, I’ve put the automation together in your base and it should be working as expected!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is exactly what I needed, and it works just how I hoped! I’ll definitely keep you in mind for future Airtable questions we run into—my boss and I have been talking about hiring an Airtable consultant for some questions we run into, so I will save your info for that!