2032 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Laufer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to export the structure of a table to csv, JSON, etc.? Specifically, I’m looking for a way to export information about a table, not the data itself. Some method that will give me an output like field 2 is long text, field 3 is lookup, field 4 is date, field 5 is single select, etc.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Mike_Laufer!

You may want to take a look at On2Air: Schemas. I’m not sure if it does the exporting that you’re looking for, but it offers quite a lot of features. @Hannah_Wiginton would know more.

Also, most (if not all) of the information that you’re looking for is accessible through Airtable’s Metadata API.

So you could manually piece together your own lists of metadata by tapping into the API. You could do this by writing your own custom JavaScripts, or using an automation tool like Make.com, or by using an API tool like datafetcher.com or postman.com.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Mike_Laufer!

You may want to take a look at On2Air: Schemas. I’m not sure if it does the exporting that you’re looking for, but it offers quite a lot of features. @Hannah_Wiginton would know more.

Also, most (if not all) of the information that you’re looking for is accessible through Airtable’s Metadata API.

So you could manually piece together your own lists of metadata by tapping into the API. You could do this by writing your own custom JavaScripts, or using an automation tool like Make.com, or by using an API tool like datafetcher.com or postman.com.

Mike_Laufer

Thank you @ScottWorld! I’ll look into these options!