cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Everyone

Assuming I have the a ‘location address’ for each user, does anyone know of a methodology to return the number of users within a ‘X’ radius?

For example. Of 1k users, I require a list of users who live within 5kms of a particular zip/post code.

I’m assuming I’d need to use the Google Maps App plugin for AT but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Stephen

3 Replies 3

The Google Maps App will not calculate for you which records are within a given distance of a point. It will display records with addresses on a map but will not give you a list of records matching certain criteria.

You would need to use Google Maps API (or some other mapping service) via a script to fill in a field with a record’s distance from an origin point.

Thanks Kamille.

Yes, I’ve just been testing it and it doesn’t do anything like what I expected. I thought once I connected I might be able to pull other data.

Not sure if there’s a way to change the title and tag for this to redirect the question based on your answer but I’ll give it shot.

Thanks

Stephen

You should be able to rename/retag this post as the author, or I can do it for you.