569 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rankings_Visual
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How to call a particular row, for instance, i want all column data from row 3, how I do it with python?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Rankings_Visualised! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: You didn’t provide this info, but I’m guessing that you’re talking about using a Python version of the Airtable REST API. There are a few Python modules that provide access to Airtable’s REST API, and unfortunately I don’t have experience with any of them, so I’ll leave those details to other users who do.

That aside, retrieving data from a specific “row” isn’t going to work, largely because rows are a somewhat arbitrary concept in a database-like application like Airtable. Rows are records, and record order can be different in each view of a given table depending on sorting, filtering, and grouping options. Generally speaking, what you’ll need to do is ask for a list of all records in a specific view of a table—because view requests return the records based on the view order—and then retrieve the Nth record from that list using its record ID. (Note that API requests limit the number of returned records to 100 per “page,” so you might need to make multiple requests if the record number that you want in a given view is greater than 100; see the API docs on how to deal with request pagination.)