781 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m curious – I know Zapier is useful for having AirTable talk to other platforms. But has anyone successfully used it to keep a table and a Google Sheet in perfect sync?

In other words, when I add a row to one place, it appears in another. When I EDIT a row in one place, it changes in the other.

I started to build it out but the further I got, the less faith i had that it would really work. So I thought I’d ask.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Peter_Steinberg - I don’t think this is possible. To do a full sync between Airtable and Google Sheets you’d need to trigger actions on create, update and delete of a row at either end. Looking at Airtable in Zapier you get the following triggers:

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 06.40.08.png

So, create is accommodated, but delete isn’t. Probably update isn’t either, although it is possible, depending upon your specific scenario that update could be accommodated by “new record in a view”, but that would only offer a very specific style of update, e.g. change of status from “in progress” to “done”.

JB

Peter_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Jonathan. It’s good to see my initial impression was correct, even if it doesn’t solve my problem.

Olga_Rusnak
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Peter_Steinberg

It is possible to:

1. Add a new row to an Airtable view
  2. Schedule automatic data refresh for 1 hour
  3. Choose “replace” mode
  4. View how all your data is updated in Google Sheets

or

1. Add a new row to an Airtable view
  2. Schedule automatic data refresh for 1 hour
  3. Choose “append” mode
  4. View how your new row appears in Google Sheets (in the end of the document)

You can do it by using Coupler.io Google Sheets add-on.