cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris5
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a table with records, which acts like an overview.

What I want to do is simple, I want to have a field in the row, that when I click that, I will jump to a different table (a specific view in there). That’s easy to do in Trello, Asana etc, but I can’t seem to find a way to set this up here.

I’ve tried to search everywhere, but everything talks about linking records, which is not what I want.

Literally just a way to jump from the overview table to the detailed table. Is this possible?

4 Replies 4

You can create a button field that opens the url of the view. Use Airtable in a web browser to get the url of the view.

Chris5

Thank you!

I tried with the URL from the browser, and it works.

However, I can only make it work with the URL type, the Button requires a formula for the URL which is impossible to implement, if I see that correctly, since the ids are random.

Clicking the URL field always opens a new window of the app, can that be changed to just open in the current window?

You cannot change opening a new window in the app. I prefer to use Airtable in the browser.

If you can identify the logic for which view to open for each record, you can put that in the formula. However, you do need to hardcore the app ID, table ID, and view ID.

Chris5

Thanks.

Hardcoding won’t work as it’s different for every table, so i’ll just go with URL instead.

Seems like this isn’t very thought through on Airtable’s side with the link to views, unfortunately. This way will work, though.