786 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaNunes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I run a renovation and interior design firm.  I thought Airtable was going to be the ultimate solution and have spent months perfecting my bases.  We need a database of products and materials that we can assign to projects and present choices and final selections to our clients.  Our clients are not other businesses, they are individual homeowners, so we are not going to ask them to create accounts in Airtable or become collaborators on our internal system.  Each product record has a lot of internal pricing information that we do not want to share with our clients.  I tried several extensions but they fell short in many ways (only show one record at a time, only show certain pre-set fields, etc).  I tried creating a shared, curated view but our clients could still open and view any field they want.  The list view looked fantastic but there's no way to share OR print!  I spent hours creating awesome interfaces just to discover they're only available for internal staff (what's the point???).

I'm at a total loss and I'm not a programmer or coding expert or have hundreds of hours to burn.  It's so frustrating trying to use "easy" "no code" solutions that turn out to be anything but.   I can't be the only B2C business in the world that wants to use the records in my database to populate an attractive live view or report (like I would a shared Google sheet) with my clients. 

Any ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated!!

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @MelissaNunes,

You are correct that Google Sheets is more powerful than Airtable in some ways.

For your needs, you would not be able to use Airtable on its own to accomplish what you want to do.

You would be required to use an external portal tool like Noloco to do this. (Noloco is actually the only full-featured portal for Airtable.)

I gave a step-by-step tutorial of Noloco on yesterday’s episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIRyE1yBQY

Thank you!  I have looked into a few products like this, but not Noloco, yet.  I will watch your podcast and let you know if this looks like a possible solution.