Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sevanna_Shields
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello again!

I am trying to create an email report where I use the automation flow below:

At a certain time > Find Records > Outlook: Send Email

I’m using the “Find Records” action to search for where a checkbox is flagged, then using those records to input a grid or a list into the email. The issue is that I can’t reorder the fields or sort the list/grid it creates.

Is there either, another way to do this WITHOUT A THIRD PARTY APP, or is there something I’m missing that allows you to sort records/reorder fields?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

My company is verify strict with where we allow our information though so I would have to go through the whole process of getting it approved all the way up the latter and honestly it just isn’t worth it just for the convenience.

I ended up just creating a view specifically for what I wanted, sorted and filtered how I like, then input that into the email using a view only share link of that view. So now I only use the find records to count the length of the list.

My markdown formatting to get the link to be a link and not just text if anyone needs it:

[Text I Wanted the Link to Say](Insert Airtable Share Link here)

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Nope, you’re not missing anything. It seems like Airtable sorts the records by the creation order of the records. Same thing with the fields.

Sadly, there is no way to control this unless you write your own JavaScript script, or use a 3rd party automation tool like my personal favorite Integromat.

Thank you, and to double check, there’s no way to send apps through email is there?

I love the ease Airtable gives but at the same time, I don’t know coding or scripting and my company isn’t paying for all these third party apps. It’s just so frustrating sometimes when I KNOW there’s a way to do something but I can’t because it hasn’t actually been added by Airtable.

Maybe in the future! Automations are relatively new to the platform. I would check out Integromat — they have a free plan.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

My company is verify strict with where we allow our information though so I would have to go through the whole process of getting it approved all the way up the latter and honestly it just isn’t worth it just for the convenience.

I ended up just creating a view specifically for what I wanted, sorted and filtered how I like, then input that into the email using a view only share link of that view. So now I only use the find records to count the length of the list.

My markdown formatting to get the link to be a link and not just text if anyone needs it:

[Text I Wanted the Link to Say](Insert Airtable Share Link here)

Dillon_O
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Has there been any update on this issue?  It would be good to be able to reorder this information.