358 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willi_Sorgen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! We are two people collaborating on the same dataset, however, we use it for different purposes and we want one shared table with information that we maintain, and two other tables, one for each of us, on which we can maintain additional data for each record of that main table. Here are my questions:

1. What is the best way to do this? I can add an empty table and have a field that links to another table, but I need this to be my primary field (which doesn’t seem to support linking), and I also need records to be added automatically to the “clone” tables when they are added to the main table. I tried using “sync tables” but I can’t figure them out. When I add a “synced table”, I have to select a shared view, but there is nothing to select, I’m just stuck on my main table with some options missing in the toolbar and I have to actually refresh the page to get them back…

2. Is there a way to do this (all tables in the same database) with the free version? Pricing mentions a limit of 1 synced table per database, but since we don’t sync data outside of the database, is that considered to be 1 or 3 synced tables?

Cheers!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Willi_Sorgen!

I think it sounds like you just need to create 2 different views, one for each of you.

On each of your views, you can show the fields you need to see while hiding the fields that you don’t need to see.

You can learn more about views here: