Help

Re: HTML attachment preview: no Unicode support?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1853 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoph_Berge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I noticed that the HTML attachment preview seems to be unable to render Unicode characters.

Characters like typographic apostrophes or em-dashes turn into garbage character sequences. (See attached screenshots.)

Is this a known bug?
Is there a workaround available?

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 12.11.17 Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 12.12.33

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Christoph_Berger!

It doesn’t look like HTML is on the list of supported files for previewing attachments:

But you do seem to be getting “partial support” for viewing HTML files in an attachment field, so you may want to email support@airtable.com about this issue to ask them about it. Be sure to post back here with what they say!

Also, On2Air: Amplify offers an HTML editor, but I think that’s for editing HTML text that is typed into a long text field. I’m not sure if they offer a visual preview of an HTML file inside of an attachment field, but @Hannah_Wiginton would know for sure!

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Christoph_Berger!

It doesn’t look like HTML is on the list of supported files for previewing attachments:

But you do seem to be getting “partial support” for viewing HTML files in an attachment field, so you may want to email support@airtable.com about this issue to ask them about it. Be sure to post back here with what they say!

Also, On2Air: Amplify offers an HTML editor, but I think that’s for editing HTML text that is typed into a long text field. I’m not sure if they offer a visual preview of an HTML file inside of an attachment field, but @Hannah_Wiginton would know for sure!

Thanks @ScottWorld!

In this case, I think the best step is to ping the support team.

Let us know what they say!