Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saud_Saad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
Good day.

My company is willing to subscribe to Airtable for me. However, My whole work is on a table created by someone else and I can’t be the owner even though he is willing to give me that. Unfortunately, if I am not the owner of the table, my subscription would be of no use at all.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

Regards

8 Replies 8

Hi @Saud_Saad,

Welcome to Airtable!

You can do this very easy by copying the table to your workspace. Press the small arrow on the bottom right of the base, duplicate base to your paid workspace.

To avoid extra charges on the other persons workspace, let him give you a view link , not add you as a collaborator.

Hope this helps.

BR,
Mo

What is preventing the original owner from granting you owner permissions? Is the base currently shared directly with you, or is it part of a shared workspace? Is it possible to put it in a shared workspace?

Do you need ownership of only an individual table within a base while the other retains ownership of other tables in the same base? (not possible)

What type of permissions would the original owner need to retain after making you owner? Would you both need to be able to make edits to the same set of data?

Hello Mohamed,

Is there any other method to shift the current owner to someone else?

Sincerely,

Michael

Hello @MichaelChoi,

As far as I know, this is the only way you can be the Owner of the Base. You can be granted a Creator access though through the Collaborators options.

BR,
Mo

Maybe this support page can help: How can I transfer ownership of a base or workspace to another user?.

Also, the Permissions overview support page explains owner, creator, and other permissions in more detail. Notice that the permissions have different implications at the workspace and base level. You cannot directly set ownership of a table or a base. You can only set ownership of a workspace. The differences between table, base and workspace can be confusing.

Saud_Saad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Guys, copying the table will not work.

The table was shared with the whole company already :frowning:

I don’t know if you checked, but the owner can only give a creator permission. Ownership of the base can not be shared

The base is shared with the whole company to view.

Hi @Saud_Saad,

Im not sure what exactly is the issue ?

You do not pay for a Base, you pay for a Workspace. You cannot be an Owner for any Base unless it is in your Workspace. If you want to give us more context we would be glad to help.

BR,
Mo