Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

IF statement to return specific date

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
173 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi brains trust!

Need some guidance here as what I think should be simple is proving not-so.

I’m trying to track gifts given over time and those that are recurring annually.

I have created a column for OCCASION (single select from a list of pre-determined occasions to track), a column for OCCASION DATE (manual input) and would like to add a third column (RECURRING OCCASION) for those occasions that have static and annually reoccurring dates - i.e. Christmas. Would like to include Easter, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day in this column too - returning a date for the 1st day of the month in which they fall (not too worried about specifics here as dates change annually and figuring out a formula for that would fry my poor neurons).

The idea being that any event recurring annually I would simply have to select from the OCCASION column and the RECURRING OCCASION column would auto-populate with the specific date.

I would then create a view to show each year’s budget by month, inclusive of all events, recurring or not.

Please help!

2 Replies 2

Hi Lauren, I think this should do what you’re looking for:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 11.14.41 AM

Only caveat is that you’d have to modify the formula to handle the different years, but you could potentially have a Year column for that too I guess

DATETIME_PARSE(
  SWITCH(
    {Occassion},
    "Easter", "1 Apr",
    "Father's Day", "1 June",
    ''
  ) & "2022",
  "DD MMM YYYY"
)

Hi @LaurenAdrian_PreteGr,

There seems to be a few typos with @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo’s formula, but this should work for you:

IF({Occasion},
DATETIME_PARSE(
  SWITCH(
    {Occasion},
    "Easter", "1 Apr",
    "Father's Day", "1 Jun"
  ) & " 2022",
  "D MMM YYYY"
))