Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Import, Match and Update Existing Records by Record ID

Solved
Jump to Solution
378 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDE-Map
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello - I've searched the discussions, but found no resolution to this issue - to display my database addresses on a map, I have to convert the addresses to GPS coordinates, which I've done - now to re-integrate the new columns with the coordinates into the Airtable base, I found the CSV import extension, which would work great... however, the option to merge by Record ID is not available, and I have no other way to merge them. We have branches of organizations with the same name multiple times - how can I get the same functionality but matching by Record ID?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can do this by adding a Formula field in your table. There are 2 options, depending on which record_id you are talking about, either internal Airtable record_id or the one that you see in your table.

Here is a screenshot to demonstrate:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1720454475375.png

FieldTicket_ID is my table primary key

Field record_id is the formula RECORD_ID() which returns the Airtable internal record_id

Field ticket_id_copy is a formula field refering to the field ticket_id

Fields record_id and ticket_id_copy are available in the merge option of the csv import extension

Regards,

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1

Hello,

You can do this by adding a Formula field in your table. There are 2 options, depending on which record_id you are talking about, either internal Airtable record_id or the one that you see in your table.

Here is a screenshot to demonstrate:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1720454475375.png

FieldTicket_ID is my table primary key

Field record_id is the formula RECORD_ID() which returns the Airtable internal record_id

Field ticket_id_copy is a formula field refering to the field ticket_id

Fields record_id and ticket_id_copy are available in the merge option of the csv import extension

Regards,

Pascal