1586 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLR_SPA_Yukon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a file with booking/reservation information, which is updated once a week.

Since the export is different from the table (names, etc), I have to adjust the fields for the import every single time when I import the information again.

Is there a way to simplify this with an external, 3frd party, integration?

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

What file type is it?  If it's a CSV, tools like Zapier, Make etc can read CSV files and you can connect that to actions that will create records in Airtable as needed

Out of curiousity, any chance you can just cut out using the file entirely and use Zapier / Make etc to pull data from your source directly instead?

I can't access the source software directly, unfortunately. It's that good, that they don't even have all fields in their export. Still manual work needs to be done. We are planning to develop everything with airtable slowly.

I will look into zapier / make. Thanks.

Roger that.  I forgot to mention that Airtable has its own Sync API that you could maybe also use for this? Documentation

Best of luck.  I'm really curious about how you end up handling this issue as well, and if you could let me know what you settle on in the future I'd really appreciate it!  No worries either way

NLR_SPA_Yukon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Unfortunately, I could not get a Zapier-based import with field mapping. So technically, the records can be created or imported, but I can't select where the data will go.

I will stop wasting time and think of another solution until there is better support with Zapier.

In case one of you has better success, please let me know.